The concept of educational activity in the specialty 222 Medicine
at the second (master’s) level of higher education
- Code and name of the specialty – 222 Medicine
II. Higher Education Level – Second (Master’s) level
III. List of specializations and educational programs – Medicine
IV. The total amount of credits in the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System – 360 credits, 6 years full-time study
V. Professional standards to be followed by training (if any):
1. European Directive 2005/36 / EC on the recognition of professional qualifications (Directive 2005/36 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications)
2. WFME Global Standards for Quality Improvement: Basic Medical Education, WFME Global Standards for Quality Improvement: WFME Global Standards for Quality Improvement: Continuous Professional Development trilogy, and Ph.D. Education Standards in Biomedicine and Health Sciences (Standards for Ph.D. Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in Europe)
3. Standards of medical care of Ukraine (http://www.moz.gov.ua/en/portal/standards)
4. Doctor’s Code of Ukraine (adopted and signed by the All-Ukrainian Congress of Medical Organizations and the Xth Congress of the All-Ukrainian Medical Society (VULT) in Evpatoria on September 27, 2009) (http://www.uapravo.net/akty/postanowy- basic / akt5dprf9d.htm).
- The list of basic competencies that a higher education applicant should master
The ability to solve typical and complex specialized tasks and practical problems in health care professional work or in a training process that involves research and/or innovation and is characterized by the complexity and uncertainty of conditions and requirements.
- The ability to apply knowledge in practical situations
- Knowledge and understanding of the subject area and understanding of the profession
- Ability to exercise self-regulation and lead a healthy lifestyle
- The ability to adapt and act in a new situation
- Ability to choose communication strategy; ability to work in a team; interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in the official language, both orally and in writing; ability to speak a foreign language
- Information and communication technology skills
- Ability to think abstractly, analyze and synthesize, to be able to learn and to be modernly taught
- Ability to make informed decisions; work as a team; interpersonal skills
- Ability to evaluate and ensure the quality of work performed
- Definition and perseverance of the tasks and responsibilities
- The ability to act socially responsible and socially conscious
- The desire to preserve the environment
Special (specialized, subject) competences
- The ability to establish a preliminary clinical diagnosis of the disease
- Skills in collecting patient information
- Ability to determine the required list of laboratory and instrumental studies and evaluate their results
- Ability to evaluate the results of laboratory and instrumental research
- The ability to determine the principles and nature of the treatment of diseases
- The ability to diagnose urgent conditions
- Ability to conduct treatment and evacuation services
- The ability to determine the tactics of emergency medical care
- Emergency care skills
- Skills of performing medical manipulations
- The ability to determine the necessary mode of work and rest in the treatment of diseases
- The ability to determine the nature of nutrition in the treatment of diseases
- Ability to determine the tactics of physiological pregnancy, physiological delivery and postpartum period. Family planning and contraceptive counseling skills
- Ability to carry out sanitary and hygienic and preventive measures
- Ability to plan preventive and anti-epidemic measures for infectious diseases
- Ability to determine the tactics of conducting a contingent of persons subject to dispensary supervision
- Ability to conduct a performance examination
- Ability to keep medical records
- Ability to process state, social, economic and medical information
- Ability to organize and integrate care delivery
- Ability to conduct epidemiological and medical-statistical surveys of public health; processing of state, social, economic and medical information
- Ability to assess the environmental impact of the population (individual, family, population)
- The ability to assess the impact of the environment, socio-economic and biological determinants on the health of the individual, family, population
- Ability to analyze the activities of a physician, unit, healthcare facility, conduct quality assurance activities, and improve the use of medical resources
- Ability to undertake activities to organize and integrate health care delivery and marketing of health services
VII. Program learning achievements
- Collect data on patient complaints, medical history, medical history, conduct and evaluate physical examination results.
- Evaluate diagnosis information using a standard procedure based on laboratory and instrumental findings.
- Highlight a leading clinical symptom or syndrome. Establish the most probable or syndromic diagnosis of the disease. To appoint a laboratory and/or instrumental examination of the patient. To carry out differential diagnostics of diseases. Establish a preliminary and clinical diagnosis.
- To determine the necessary mode of work and rest in the treatment of the disease.
- Determine the necessary nutrition in the treatment of the disease.
- Determine the principles and nature of treatment (conservative, surgical) disease.
- Determine emergency care tactics based on an emergency diagnosis.
- Provide emergency medical care based on an emergency diagnosis.
- Organize medical evacuation activities among the population and servicemen, taking into account the existing system of medical evacuation support.
- To determine the tactics of physiological pregnancy, physiological delivery and the postpartum period. Advise on family planning and contraceptive selection.
- Perform medical manipulation.
- To form dispensary groups of patients among the fixed contingent of the population; groups of healthy people subject to dispensary supervision. To implement a system of anti-epidemic and preventive measures within the framework of primary health care to the population. Implement a system of primary prevention measures within the framework of primary health care to the population. Organize secondary and tertiary prevention measures among the fixed population.
- Plan measures to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Conduct detection and early diagnosis of infectious diseases; primary anti-epidemic measures in the cell of infectious disease. Identify risk groups, territories of risk, time of risk, risk factors and carry out epidemiological analysis of infectious morbidity of the population.
- Determine the tactics of examination and secondary prevention of patients subject to dispensary supervision; tactics of examination and primary prevention of healthy persons subject to dispensary supervision; calculate and assign the necessary food to children in the first year of life.
- Determine the presence and degree of limitations of life, type, degree and duration of disability with the registration of relevant documents.
- Prepare an annual report on personal production activity; maintain medical records of the patient and the population.
- Conduct screening to identify major noncommunicable diseases; to evaluate incidence rates, integrated health indicators; identify risk factors for the occurrence and course of diseases; to form groups of the population at risk. Determine the source and/or location of the desired information, depending on its type; receive necessary information from a specific source; process and analyze the information received.
- Identify negative environmental factors; analyze the health of a particular contingent; determine the relationship between the state of the environment and the health of a particular contingent; develop preventive measures based on the relationship between the state of the environment and the health of a particular contingent. To carry out the analysis of population morbidity, identifying groups of risk, territories of risk, time of risk, risk factors. To evaluate the impact of socio-economic and biological determinants on the health of the individual, family, population.
- To investigate volumes and performance of the activity of the doctor, unit, health care institution; identify defects in activity and causes of their formation. Selection and use of unified clinical protocols for the provision of evidence-based care; develop and use local health care delivery protocols. Conduct quality control of health care; identify factors that impede the improvement of quality and safety of care. Evaluate the cost of medical services; to justify the choice of an adequate method of financing (payment) and the choice of rational forms of organization of medical services. Apply methods of economic analysis when choosing methods of diagnosis, prevention, treatment, rehabilitation.
- Organize the work of medical staff; to formulate rational medical routes of patients; organize the interaction with colleagues, organizations, and institutions; apply health promotion tools.
- Formulate objectives and determine the structure of personal activity.
- Adhere to a healthy lifestyle, use self-regulation and self-control techniques
- To be aware and guided in the activity by civil rights, freedoms, and obligations, to raise a general educational level.
- Comply with the requirements of ethics, bioethics, and deontology in their professional activities.
- Organize the necessary level of individual security (of one’s own and of the persons he or she cares for) in the event of typical dangerous situations in the individual field of activity.
VIII. An indicative list of professional qualifications to be provided:
Section 2 Professionals
Subsection 22 Professionals in the life sciences and medical sciences
Class 222 Professionals in the field of medicine (except nurses)
Subclass 2221 Professionals in the medical field (other than dentists)
Group 2221.2 Doctors
Subclass 2225 Professionals in the field of health care
2225.2 Doctors, specialists in the field of health care
2229.2 Professionals in the field of medicine (except nursing and midwifery)
Professional job title
2229.2 Physical training and sports medicine doctor
2221.2 Radiation therapy physician
2221.2 Doctor of radionuclide diagnostics
2221.2 General practitioner – family doctor
2221.2 Emergency medicine physician
2221.2 Infectious Diseases Doctor
2229.2 Laboratory assistant
2229.2 Laboratory assistant geneticist
2221.2 Orthopedic trauma doctor
2225.2 Doctor-occupational pathologist
2221.2 Drug addict
2229.2 Forensic expert
2221.2 The district doctor
2221.2 The teenage physician
2221.2 Physician-therapist of the guild’s medical department
2221.2 Doctor surgeon
2221.2 The pediatrician is a district doctor
2221.2 Pediatric neurologist
2221.2 Child and adolescent hygiene doctor
2221.2 Occupational health doctor
2221.2 Nutrition doctor
2221.2 General practitioner
2221.2 Public health doctor
2221.2 Radiation hygiene doctor
2221.2 Disinfection physician
2221.2 Laboratory assistant is an environmental hygienist
2221.2 Methodist physician
2229.2 Medical statistician
ІХ. Requirements for the level of education of persons who can start training:
A person has the right to obtain a master’s degree on the basis of complete general secondary education based on the results of EIT certificates (on the results of entrance tests for foreigners and stateless persons) or on the basis of educational qualification level of a junior specialist in the relevant specialty of medical direction on the results of entrance tests.
Х. The procedure for evaluating learning outcomes:
Current questioning, knowledge testing, reports on practical work, compiling practical skills, presentations, practice reports, test papers, writing case histories, writing scientific articles based on research results;
Final control – credits, differential tests, oral and written exams,
Final certification – The certification is carried out in the form of a single state qualification examination – licensed integrated examination, practical (clinical) exam, international exam in the basics of medicine, English language of professional orientation.
The unified state qualification examination is conducted in accordance with the Procedure of implementation of the unified state qualification examination for applicants for higher education master’s degree in the field of knowledge “22 Health”, approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of March 28, 2018 No. 334 and conducted by the Examination Board and Examination Committee Testing Center at the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. The Licensed Integrated Exam consists of 2 Step 1 and Step 2 test exams. “Step 1”, an international exam in the basics of medicine (fundamental disciplines), the English language of a professional orientation is made after full completion of the curriculum of the 3rd year of study. “Step 2” and the international exam in the basics of medicine (clinical disciplines) are made after full completion of the curriculum of the specialty 222 Medicine. The practical (clinical) exam is conducted in the form of a comprehensive certification examination.
The acting of the Rector of
Private Institution of Higher Education “IEU” Izotov F.M.
222 Medicine (MSc)
073 Management (Bachelor)
073 Management and Business Administration (MSc)